Direct Line Landlord Insurance have given us some more invaluable tips to help keep your property safe for your tenants and avoid claims against you...
Basement cellar ceilings are often forgotten about, but regularly reported to our landlord claims team as caving in and causing injuries to tenants such as whiplash.
Here’s some tips how to avoid the cost of structural damage, and a claim being made against you.
- Always carry out safety checks on your property before any tenants move in.
- Repeat these checks every three months.
- Remember to keep up to date maintenance records, to help protect you from any future claims.
- Ask your tenants to tell you straightaway if there are any issues.
- Again, keep dated records. Emails are an easy way to do this.
All our experienced claims handlers are here to act on your behalf. They will speak with solicitors and resolve claims, freeing you up to get on with your daily life.
To review your Landlord Insurance or get a quote, call our UK-based Landlord Insurance Team on 0845 604 2160 or visit http://www.directlineforbusiness.co.uk/landlord-insurance