Welcome to upad.co.uk (this “Website”).
Collection of information
In order to provide the services you want, and to allow you to experience a more personalised service when you revisit us, We need to know your interests. We find these out by asking you, by reading your comments and by looking at which are the most popular areas of Our sites.
Collection of Personal Data
We would like to use your registered details to contact you with relevant offers and services. We will only collect Personal Data from you (such as name, address, telephone number, email address etc) which you have provided voluntarily to Us either by completing registration or enquiry forms or sending emails to Us. Please do not submit your Personal Data to Us if you do not wish Us to collect it.
Collection of other information
In addition to asking you to submit Personal Data, We may collect information about you automatically when you visit this Website such as your email address information that may be provided to Us by other websites that you visit. We may also collect information about you automatically using cookies and web beacons. A web beacon is a small graphic image placed on a web page that is designed to allow Us to monitor visitors to this Website. A cookie is small text file that is placed on your computer's hard drive by your web browser when you first visit this Website. The cookie allows Us to identify your computer and find out details about your last visit. Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer. If you choose not to receive Our cookies, We cannot guarantee that your experience with this Website will be as quick or responsive as if you do receive cookies.
The information collected by cookies and web beacons is not personally identifiable, it includes general information about your computer settings, your connection to the internet e.g. operating system and platforms, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on this Website and your geographical location.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of this Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of this Website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow Us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around this Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way this Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to this Website. This enables us to personalise Our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to this Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make this Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies We use and the purposes for which We use them in the table below:
|Allows Upad to remember your Upad and third party cookie options which you set when you first arrive at upad.co.uk or after making changes to your cookie preferences.|
|Authorises you when logged in to your Upad account as well as remembering you on your return (should you have requested us to) assuming you have not deleted these cookies in the meantime. These cookies help customise your experience based on your customer type and are essential for all account based functionality including creating and managing your property, buying services and all benefits found within the promotions area. Allows Upad to better understand our visitors and the products that may interest them. This information will be used to help improve our products and offerings.|
|Allows Upad to better understand our visitors and the products that may interest them. This information will be used to help improve our products and offerings.|
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.|
All Upad cookies except for those essential cookies relating to your cookie user preferences and those where you have specifically asked us to remember you, will expire on closing you browser.
Upad is not responsible for third party cookies which may not expire after the end of your session.
How does Upad use your data?
You agree that We may obtain, hold, correlate, merge and use your information (including Personal Data) for the purpose of providing you with Our services and ancillary services and for Our internal business purposes. These include (without limitation):-
- personalising your visits to this Website and developing the design and style of this Website to improve Our services to you;
- to inform you about the latest changes to this Website, or products, services or promotional offers that you might find interesting;
- communication (and personalising such communication) with you from Upad and from other reputable and trustworthy third parties (including any third parties offering products or services through this Website);
- those of Upad’s essential services that We subcontract to third party providers; informing you if you have been successful in any of the competitions or promotions;
- compiling customer reviews; for market research purposes;
- to prevent you from posting illegal, offensive or objectionable comments on this Website;
- to enable third parties to carry out statistical analysis, technical, logistical or other functions on Our behalf including determining behavioural preferences to manage online advertising; for strategic development;
- for any purpose required by law or regulation; and
- for accounting purposes.
Upad will never release your Personal Data to any third party company other than Upad group companies or third party organisations selected by Upad (only for the purposes set out above) unless you have given Us your consent (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements) or We believe in good faith that We are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
We may provide non-Personal Data to third parties, where such information is made anonymous by combining it with similar information of other users of this Website. For example, We might inform third parties such as potential investors, researchers and other similar parties, regarding the number of unique users who visit this Website, etc.
You consent to the transfer of your Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area (which may not provide the same protection for such information as the United Kingdom provides) in the event that the processing of your information in the circumstances described in the “How does Upad use your data?” section above involves such a transfer.
Upad Online Competitions?
If you enter any competitions We offer on this Website, We will ask you to enter certain Personal Data so We can notify you if necessary. Exact terms and conditions and rules of each competition will be posted at the time of the competition and may vary. If a prize is offered through a third party We may need to disclose information to the relevant third party in order to facilitate the distribution of any prizes.
Upad Online Surveys
When you participate in any online surveys you may be asked to supply certain Personal Data, for example age or income. Provision of all or any of the requested information is voluntary. Survey results will be used to improve users’ experience of this Website and not for any other purpose. We may use such information for PR purposes but only in aggregated form.
How does Upad protect your data?
Any Personal Data that We hold as part of your customer profile will be held in a database with physical and technological security controls and procedures in place. Any payments for Our services will be made on the PayPal secure servers or Barclays Merchant Account which use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to protect Personal Data such as credit card details when making a payment.
Subscribing to Our email newsletter
Our email newsletter provides subscribers with the latest information on prices, offers, products, services and competitions. You can unsubscribe at any time and will be given the option to do so on each newsletter We send you.
Sale of business
We reserve the right to transfer information (including your Personal Data) to a third party in the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, receivership or transfer of Upad or all or substantially all of its assets provided that the third party agrees with Us to adhere to the terms of Our Privacy Statement and provided that the third party only uses your Personal Data for the purposes that you provided it to us. You will be notified in the event of any such transfer and you will be given an opportunity to opt-out.
For more information on the Data Protection Act and the Information Commissioner please see http://www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk Changing or accessing your information You can inspect your Personal Data at any time and modify them once logged in. Should you no longer wish to receive newsletters or services you have signed up for, or if you wish to review or receive copies of the Personal Data We hold about you, or have any other queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org including full details of your request.
We may charge a small administration fee in relation to fulfilling a request for access to Personal Data.