Upad Rooms is ideal to help you let out a spare room, or manage a Share-house. We let over 5,500 thousand properties last year, and can help let your room too.
For just £50+vat per month we'll list your room or houseshare on our network of lettings websites, including Rightmove, Zoopla, Prime Location and Gumtree and many more for one month, sending you tenant enquiries so you can show them around.
If you need some help or would rather do it over the phone, our team are always here to help, 7 days a week on 0333 240 1220 (local call rate, even from mobile).
We built Upad Rooms for those who like to do it themselves.
Here's how it works:
- We'll advertise your room on the UK's largest lettings sites including Rightmove, Zoopla, Gumtree and lots more.
- We handle tenant enquiries and introduce you to tenants.
- We’ll comprehensively reference your tenants (tenants pay £50 each for referencing).
If you need any extra services, you can add them during the property upload process. Everything from professional photography, floor-plans, to-let boards and legal bits such as EPCs and Gas Safety Certificates.
With Upad, you'll benefit from the largest property site network available, reaching more tenants than a high street agent or classified newspaper ad. Listing with Upad means you're listing on every major website like Rightmove, where tenants will find your room.
Once you've submitted the details of your room, your listing will go live on all our partner sites within 12-24 hours, and you can expect to see it on Rightmove within 4. We'll guide you through the registration and listing process every step of the way. If you have any queries we are only a phone-call away on 0333 240 1220.
When tenants enquire about your room, we process them instantly using our unique tenant management system. Your contact details will be given to them, and with permission we'll forward tenant details to you to arrange a viewing. After all you know your room better than anyone else.
Once you've found your ideal tenant, we'll comprehensively reference them for you (credit check, affordability check, employer reference and previous landlord reference).
The Upad Room Listing service works. If we can't find you a tenant, or you don't believe you've received good value, you can have your money back. No arguments.
We don't charge any commissions or renewal fees.
- Step 1: Click the 'LIST A ROOM' button and select 'Add a new room'.
- Step 2: You'll find a list of questions to complete about your room. It helps to have some of the positive features about your room in mind. Think about room measurements, original features, storage and local transport links. Remember you can always log back in and edit your listing as often as you like, even after it's live. Your room listing is automatically saved when you've completed the first page.
- Step 3: Add photos of your room, as many as you like. The more professional they look the better. Remember to arrange the photographs in the order you'd like them to be seen. We'd advise putting your best photo first to catch the tenant's eye. If you need new photos, tick 'Add a photo pack' and we'll arrange for a local professional photographer to take some for you. These are then yours to keep.
- Step 4: Choose the additional services you'd like to increase the response to your listing. We offer a whole host of affordable extra services, from creating a floor-plan, to arranging a 'To Let' board outside your room. Pick and choose them to suit your needs. Please remember that an Energy Performance Certificate and Gas Certificate are legal requirements and are simple to arrange. Any questions, just call us on 0333 240 1220.
- Step 5: Once your happy, simply checkout. The price for the Room Listing service is £50/month +vat. You can keep this rolling indefinitely when you have rooms available to rent, or cancel it when you wish.
You've now bought a listing for your room on Upad! Remember you can always view and edit your entry, buy extra services and download a printable brochure of your listing whenever you wish to.
When you've added your room and instructed us to list it for you:
- Step 1: We'll send you a receipt for payment for your tax records.
- Step 2: Our team will review your listing and give you a call. They'll provide you with tips and feedback to enhance your listing, so you get the best out of your Upad experience; generally within a few hours.
- Step 3: Once your listing is finalised you can expect to see it go live immediately on Upad, and then across other sites within hours. We'll send you an email to confirm, with links to your room on major sites (Rightmove, Zoopla etc) so you can take a look.
- Step 4: Your listing can now be seen by millions of tenants. We field all enquiries from interested tenants and with their permission, we'll pass them onto you by email and SMS. You can contact them to organise viewings. All tenants will also be given your contact details (name, email and phone) so they can contact you directly. Our team will actively keep in touch with you to ensure your letting is performing as well as possible.
- Step 5: When you think you've found the right tenants, you can 'pause' your listing in your Upad account and put your advert on hold. Once you do, we'll help you get started with tenant referencing. It won't cost you a thing and is generally completed within 48 hours. If the tenant fails referencing or falls through before moving in, we'll list your room again for free.
Remember. Our lettings team is available 7 days a week to help you through the process and answer any questions. Please call us on 0333 240 1220 (Local rate call, even from mobile).
ALL UPAD SERVICES