Upad Rooms is ideal to help you let out a spare room or manage a house-share. We let over 7,500 properties last year and can help let your room too.
For just £50+VAT per month we'll list your room or houseshare on our network of lettings websites, including Rightmove, Zoopla, Prime Location and Gumtree and many more, sending tenant enquiries immediately via email and text message.
If you need some help or would rather do it over the phone, our team are always here to help, 7 days a week on 0333 240 1220 (local call rate, even from mobile).
We built Upad Rooms for those who like to do it themselves.
Here's how it works:
- We'll advertise your room on the UK's largest lettings sites including Rightmove, Zoopla, Gumtree and lots more.
- We handle tenant enquiries and introduce you to tenants.
- We’ll comprehensively reference your tenants (tenants pay £75 incl. VAT for referencing).
If you need any extra services, you can add them during the property upload process. Everything from professional photography, floor-plans, to-let boards and legal bits such as EPCs and Gas Safety Certificates.
With Upad, you'll benefit from the largest property site network available, reaching more tenants than a high street agent or classified newspaper ad.
Once you've submitted the details of your room, your listing will go live on every major property site within hours. If you have any queries we are only a phone-call away on 0333 240 1220.
When tenants enquire about your room, we process them instantly. Your contact details will be given to them and (with permission) we'll also forward the tenant's details to you to arrange a viewing.
Once you've found your ideal tenant, we'll comprehensively reference them for you (credit check, affordability check, employer reference and previous landlord reference).
- Step 1: Click the 'LIST A ROOM' button and select 'Add a new room'.
- Step 2: You'll find a list of questions to complete about your room. It helps to have some of the positive features about your room in mind. Think about room measurements, original features, storage and local transport links. Remember you can always log back in and edit your listing as often as you like, even after it's live. Your room listing is automatically saved when you've completed the first page.
- Step 3: Add photos of your room; as many as you like. The more professional they look the better. Remember to arrange the photographs in the order you'd like them to be seen. We'd advise putting your best photo first to catch the tenant's eye. If you need new photos, tick 'Add a photo pack' and we'll arrange for a local professional photographer to take some for you. These are then yours to keep.
- Step 4: Choose the additional services you'd like to increase the response to your listing. We offer a whole host of affordable extra services, from creating a floor-plan to arranging professional photography. Please remember that an Energy Performance Certificate and Gas Certificate are legal requirements and are simple to arrange. Any questions, just call us on 0333 240 1220.
- Step 5: Once you are happy, simply checkout. The price for the Room Listing service is £50/month+VAT. If you have a series of rooms, you can continue to advertise to maintain a regular supply of tenants. You can also call us at any time to stop advertising.
You've now bought a listing for your room on Upad! Remember, you can always view and edit your entry, buy extra services and download a printable brochure of your listing.
When you've added your room and instructed us to list it for you:
- Step 1: We'll send you a receipt for payment for your tax records.
- Step 2: Our team will review your listing and if there are any major issues we’ll contact you. We’re also at the end of the phone 7 days a week if you’d like any help or advice during the process.
- Step 3: Once your listing is finalised you can expect to see it go live immediately on Upad and across other sites within hours. We'll send you an email with a link when your room is live on Rightmove and Zoopla so you can take a look.
- Step 4: Your listing can now be seen by millions of tenants. We field all enquiries from interested tenants and with their permission, we'll pass them onto you by email and SMS. You can contact them to organise viewings. All tenants will also be given your contact details (name, email and phone) so they can contact you directly. Our team will actively keep in touch with you to ensure your letting is performing as well as possible.
- Step 5: When you think you've found the right tenants, you can 'stop' your listing in your Upad account and put your advert on hold. Once you do, we'll help you get started with tenant referencing. It won't cost you a thing and is generally completed within 48 hours. If the tenant falls through, you can re-advertise your room again.
Remember. Our team is available 7 days a week to help you through the process and answer any questions. Please call us on 0333 240 1220 (Local rate call, even from mobile).
ALL UPAD SERVICES